[darcs-devel] Support for darcshive repositories?

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Mon Nov 29 17:30:56 PST 2004

Hi,

Any chance of adding support for darcshive:// uris? Hacking up darcshive
to support changes to darcs' use of ssh/scp/sftp/whatever is starting to
suck :)

Would having darcs translate darcshive://.../ urls to invocations of
"$DARCS_DARCSHIVE" with "get" and "apply" arguments be plausible? Say,

	$DARCS_DARCSHIVE get <host> <path>
		srcfile1 dstfile1
		srcfile2 dstfile2

(with either srcfile/dstfile pairs on stdin, separated by spaces and
newlines; or as arguments on the command line)

	$DARCS_DARCSHIVE apply <host> <path>

(with the input to "darcs apply --all" being on stdin)

I'm probably being whacky again, but I think it'd be kind of pretty if
when darcs saw a url for foo://host/patch, it'd look up $DARCS_FOO, and
if it was set, do the above. :)

Cheers,
aj