[darcs-devel] darcs and darcs hub (Re: obliterated patches)

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Fri Mar 13 00:09:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 12/03/2015 23:38, Simon Michael wrote:

> Regarding 2 and 3, in fact I hoped the mirroring would be temporary, and
> the master repos would move to darcs hub at some point.

Hmm, good point, perhaps we should just move.

I've had in my head for a while a vague plan of getting darcsden feature
compatible with the existing roundup issue/patch tracker, and then
moving everything. But actually I can't think of an obvious reason not
to move the master repos now. Perhaps there is one and I just forgot it.

I think there is a posthook somewhere that does some stuff like closing
roundup tickets, we might need to check on that.

> I also thought
> that the official darcs repos would be immutable (no rewriting of
> history), and so their hub mirrors would be also.

Personally I think it should be extremely rare that we rewrite history
on the official repos. Once a year utter screwup sort of thing, if that.

> Also IIRC Ganesh and
> Guillaume have the password for the darcs user,

FWIW I can't find any record of having it, so I either lost it or never
had it.

Cheers,

Ganesh