[darcs-users] announcing darcs 2.1.1rc2

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Nov 10 12:10:18 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

The release candidate for darcs 2.1.1 is now available at
  http://darcs.net/darcs-2.1.1rc2.tar.gz

This release is very much intended to be darcs 2.1.0 plus GHC 6.10.1
support.  We have also thrown in some simplifications to the regression
testing suite and a Windows bugfix (which we pulled in because of a
dependency and retained because it was a small and useful).

Please give this a try, especially those of you on GHC 6.10 or Windows,
and let us know how things work out.

Because we have only selected a very small subset of changes to include
(using darcs's cherry-picking abilities, of course!), I am confident
that we can get by on a reduced release cycle.  If all goes well, the
official release date for darcs 2.1.1 will be 2008-11-17.

Thanks!

Eric

darcs (2.1.1rc2)

  * Portability: Removed accidental QuickCheck 2.1 configure check.
    Note that it may be required in a future version of darcs.

 -- Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>  Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:17:00 GMT

darcs (2.1.1rc1)

  * Portability: GHC 6.10.1 support (Petr Ročkai, Eric Kow)

  * Bug Fix: Fix file handle leak and check for exceptions on process
    running on Windows (issue784, Salvatore Insalaco)

  * Quality Assurance: Consolidated regression test suites using
    shell scripts only (Eric Kow, Tommy Petterson, Matthias Kilian)

 -- Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>  Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:49:00 GMT

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9