[darcs-users] zlib plans

Duncan Coutts duncan at haskell.org
Sun Nov 30 22:46:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 11:39 +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> Hi Ganesh, Hi Duncan,
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 19:01:52 +0000, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> > (2) I understand that Haskell zlib 0.5.1 is planned, with an interface
> > that will return the "broken" decompressed data at the same time as
> > reporting CRC errors. When this appears:
>
> Duncan: is it realistic for us to hope for zlib 0.5.1 in time for our
> January release of darcs?
>
> I don't think we'll be starting the release cycle for another fortnight
> (although, this depends on what Jason thinks is best as Release Manager)

So you'd need a release within a fortnight right?

I'll take another look and get back to you. It's a bit more complex than
it looks because we have to get the errors reported in exactly the right
places relative to the block outputs. I think I need to change the
underlying monad to do it precisely.

Duncan