[darcs-users] getting ready to sprint! (part 1)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Oct 10 13:50:15 UTC 2008

Dear darcs users,

This is update is directed at anybody who is planning to attend the
upcoming darcs hacking sprint [ space still available! 25-26 October in
Portland, Paris and Brighton, http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/Sprints ].

Checklist
---------
We've got our work cut out for us, so we want to make sure that we can
hit the ground running.  To this end, I have prepared a small pre-flight
checklist, things that would be good for each participant to do before
the sprint.  To summarise:

 1. Say hello to your local contact!
 2. Compile darcs on your laptop
 3. Run the test suite
 4. Give Eric your code.haskell.org login

Say hello to your local contact
-------------------------------
Please get in touch with your local contacts to sort out logistical
details or exchange contact information (e.g. mobile phone numbers).

Team Paris will require IDs and (for people who want parking) license
plate numbers, so it's probably a good idea for us to have this kind
of information as early as possible.

  Portland - Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  Brighton - Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  Paris    - Nicolas Pouillard <nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com>
  IRC      - kowey on #darcs

If you are thinking about coming but not sure, you should still get in
touch with your local contact anyway, so that we have an idea who we
will have the pleasure of working with

Compile darcs on your laptop
----------------------------
Get ready for some hacking!  Please darcs get http://darcs.net and make
sure that it compiles on whatever machine you'll be bringing to the
sprint!  Please make also ensure that your favourite text editor is set
up the way you like.

Run the test suite
-------------------
Please also install QuickCheck 2.0 on your machine and make sure you
can do:
 - make test
 - make test_unit
 - make test_network

Give Eric your code.haskell.org login
During the weekend, we will be using a single 'sprint' branch that every
participant can push to.  The branch will be on code.haskell.org.  If
you do not already have an account, could you please request one here?
   http://community.haskell.org/admin/account_request.html

Once you have your account, please let me know your user name on that
machine so that I can add you to the group.

That's all for now.  More details in an future mail.
Thanks, everybody!  Looking forward to seeing you!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9