[darcs-users] darcs patch: Begin using RIO (and 39 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Sep 9 00:05:29 UTC 2008

David,

This is an updated version of the patches I have.  I still need
feedback on them.  I removed a bunch of unsafeCoercePs and fixed the
compile problems on 6.6.

I'll send another email describing the problems in the remaining uses
of unsafeCoerceP.  You can either give your feedback here or there,
but either way I need you to comment on each case so I can continue
making refinements.

I doubt you'll want to push these to http://darcs.net, but you'll need
some patches at the end of the bundle to be able to fully examine
patches at the beginning.

This means, that I'd appreciate it if you could apply them to some
copy of unstable and look at the resulting changes.

Due to the amount of work required to make a clean set of patches I
won't do that again until you're happy with the changes I have
locally.  It's just too time consuming to keep doing it that way.
Sorry, but it literally takes me 2-3 days to do the full pull,
unrecord, fixup, re-record, re-test cycle for all these changes.  In
the mean time, it's easy and quick to fix things, record over top and
then give you demo of what it should look like and ask you questions
about the remaining tricky spots.  I could unrecord everything and
make one big patch if that's easier to review than this non-linear
bundle.  I just want to avoid going to all the trouble to make another
'clean patchset' until you're ready to accept this stuff.  I know
you're busy, but making the clean patchsets seems like silly busy work
if we're still discussing the details here.  Please suggest something
else if the above plan doesn't fit your style.  I found that an
amend-record style is painful due to patch dependencies, hence the
unrecord/record workflow I described.

In a final version I think we can have just ($-) instead of the ($%)
that I defined as a quick way to get things working on older versions
of ghc again.

Thanks,
Jason

Tue Sep  2 16:24:58 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * Begin using RIO

Wed Aug 27 09:49:09 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * updates to Darcs.Match to support type witness refactor of various commands

Tue Sep  2 17:23:28 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * rename get_patches_beyond_tag and add more typeful version
  This is a refactor that will make it easier to update some commands
  to use type witnesses.

Wed Aug 27 09:51:13 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * updates in Patch.lhs to support type witness refactor in commands

Tue Sep  2 18:21:52 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Unrecord.lhs compile with type witnesses
  This required a few small changes in Rollback as well.  Updated
  the makefile to add Unrecord to witnesses target.

Tue Sep  2 19:05:06 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make TrackDown.lhs compile with type witnesses

Tue Sep  2 19:41:22 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Record.lhs compile with type witnesses

Tue Sep  2 19:50:00 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Send.lhs compile with type witnesses

Tue Sep  2 19:55:49 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Revert.lhs compile with type witnesses

Tue Sep  2 20:39:24 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Replace.lhs compile with type witnesses

Tue Sep  2 22:31:05 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Check.lhs compile with type witnesses

Tue Sep  2 23:21:25 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Repair.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Aug 27 09:47:19 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Remove.lhs compile with type witnesses

Tue Sep  2 23:45:14 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Put.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 00:25:00 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Push.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 00:48:01 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Pull.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 10:40:43 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Optimize.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Aug 27 09:48:21 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make ShowFiles.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:27:10 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make make_changelog.hs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:40:52 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Add.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:52:09 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make ShowRepo.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:52:49 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Mv.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:55:56 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Init.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:57:44 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make MarkConflicts.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:58:30 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make AmendRecord.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:58:55 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Apply.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 17:59:55 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Diff.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 18:00:06 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Get.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 18:02:01 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Changes.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 18:03:09 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make Convert.lhs compile with type witnesses

Wed Sep  3 18:11:55 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * add more modules to witnesses target

Thu Sep  4 19:43:52 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fix conflicts in ShowRepo and Repair

Fri Sep  5 12:57:44 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * remove unsafeCoerceP from Add.lhs

Fri Sep  5 13:26:19 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * remove unsafeCoerceP from Changes.lhs

Mon Sep  8 15:08:41 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fixes to Add.lhs

Mon Sep  8 15:09:00 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fixes to Changes.lhs

Mon Sep  8 15:09:10 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * changes to Mv.lhs

Mon Sep  8 15:09:18 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * changes to Remove.lhs

Mon Sep  8 15:09:25 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * changes to Replace.lhs

Mon Sep  8 16:51:19 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * add ($%) to help with RIO refactor on ghc versions < 6.8