[darcs-users] announcing darcs 2.0.3pre1

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Sep 18 06:15:58 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I am very pleased to announce the first pre-release of darcs 2.0.3,
available at http://www.darcs.net/darcs-2.0.3pre1.tar.gz

This pre-release includes a few major bug fixes and a handful of
interesting features.  I expect darcs 2.0.3 to be more reliable than its
predecessors.  We have better HTTP support, safer handling of the
pending patch and a more solid implementation of common flags (for
example, darcs get --to-match or darcs diff --patch).  For more details,
see the attached list.

So what are we working on to get darcs 2.0.3 out the door?  Aside from
the usual testing, I hope that we can round out our improved reliability
with a few small user interface enhancements, mostly to help users avoid
some common pitfalls of real world version control:

 - issue53:   detection of Windows reserved device names
 - issue971:  hashed darcs check
 - issue1003: more tolerant darcs-transfer mode
 - issue1039: detection of seemingly unrelated repositories
 (see http://bugs.darcs.net for details)

In the meantime, please give darcs 2.0.3pre1 a try and let us know
how things go!

Thanks,

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9