[darcs-users] darcs patch: Refactor Darcs homepage. (and one more).

Trent W.Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 07:08:04 UTC 2009

Trent W. Buck wrote:

>> IMO [http://darcs.daniel.carrera.bz/] actually looks nice.
> I respectfully disagree.  [Grumbling...]

Since most of my complaints apply equally to the existing home page, I
took this opportunity to fix it.  This has annoyed me for some time, I
just didn't have the motivation to fix it previously :-)

Please note that as I do not have access to a printer or screen today,
I have not previewed the new page in any print or screen browser.
I've checked it in w3m, and it looks OK to me there.  But someone
almost certainly needs to refactor doc/darcs.css.

Perhaps Daniel would like to do that? ;-)

There are still four accessibility warnings reported by tidy(1), but I
think they are all false positives (except for the first one: "style
sheets require testing").

PS: Eric, even if the layout changes are rejected, I'd like to keep
the text changes.  IMO the old text reflects more the status of Darcs
1 back in 2006 rather than where we (and our competition) are at now.

Sat Apr 11 14:27:36 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Follow autoconf convention of @VAR@ for .in files.

Sat Apr 11 16:55:31 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Refactor Darcs homepage.
  As well as rewriting and updating the text and layout, I have taken
  the opportunity to convert this to strict XHTML (from HTML 4).