[darcs-users] darcs convert between with multiple branches

Lev Lvovsky lists2 at sonous.com
Sat Aug 22 00:56:57 UTC 2009

I've not been able to find too much information on this particular
issue (or I could be looking in the wrong place).  If I understand the
following warning upon performing a 'convert':

---
Furthermore, darcs 2 repositories created by different invocations of
this command SHOULD NOT exchange patches, unless those repositories
had no patches in common when they were converted.  (That is, within a
set of repos that exchange patches, no patch should be converted more
than once.)
---

Is it correct to assume that were I to convert the same repository
with their destinations being 'repo1' and 'repo2', that they would not
be interoperable as two darcs branches off of the same repository?  If
this is in fact the case, the only way that one could convert a darcs
repository which had spawned many branches (which were up to that
point compatible with one another), would be to merge all of the
branches to one main repository and subsequently convert?  This
process basically forces merging of branches before conversion.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

thank you,
-lev