[darcs-users] darcs patch: missing LANGUAGE in Darcs.Commands.Unrevert (and 2 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Aug 31 23:30:10 UTC 2009

These three patches between them fix the witnesses build on GHC 6.8.2, thus
resolving issue 1562. I'd have mentioned this in the patch message but I'm
not really sure which patch to put it in given that they are all relevant
(and I used different patches to get better commutation behaviour).

The underlying issue is that the normal build specifies a whole bunch of
extensions in darcs.cabal, but the witnesses build doesn't. So a lot of
files rely on those extensions without specifying them explicitly in
LANGUAGE pragmas. Ideally we would specify everything in LANGUAGE pragmas,
but that might be significant effort for the really commonly used ones.

On a side note, now that we're at GHC 6.8 as a minimum, can't we remove the
OPTIONS_GHC pragmas?

Sat Aug 29 07:12:08 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * missing LANGUAGE in Darcs.Commands.Unrevert

Sat Aug 29 07:12:56 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * missing LANGUAGE in Darcs.ProgressPatches

Sat Aug 29 07:19:22 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * specify CPP globally for witnesses build