[darcs-users] [patch111] Contribute vc-darcs.el for Emacs VC support.

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Dec 10 17:34:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Dave Love <bugs at darcs.net> wrote:

> New submission from Dave Love <fx at gnu.org>:
>
> Wed Dec  9 23:22:06 GMT 2009  Dave Love <fx at gnu.org>
>  * Contribute vc-darcs.el for Emacs VC support.
>
>  The Emacs maintainers rejected the Darcs support (despite supporting
>  the other major free VCSs) :-(.

Do you know why?

>  Distributing it with Darcs makes it
>  reasonable to drop support for old Darcs versions later and possibly
>  take advantage of additional features to support it, but means we have
>  to track incompatible changes in Emacs.

I don't think it makes sense to have this in the repository at
http://darcs.net.  What about putting it into a different repository?  Maybe
the wiki would be appropriate?  The problem is that, as I recall, we're
removing everything from the darcs repo that we can.  The goal is to boil it
down to the core bits that make up darcs.

I'm going to mark this as rejected, but that's really an invitation to send
it again against a different repository.  Perhaps we could get someone to
volunteer to maintain a darcs-contribs repo full of community contributions
like this.

I'm sorry if this message sounds negative.  We're just trying to focus the
darcs.net repository.

Thank you,
Jason