[darcs-users] [patch112] bump dependency upper bounds for GHC 6.12 (and 3 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun Dec 13 23:35:37 UTC 2009

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

A package of minimal patches that fix the build for GHC 6.12 (tested
against 6.12.1 RC2).

Some of these have been submitted before but are stalled for various
reasons. I've tested this bundle with 6.8, 6.10 and 6.12.

Sun Dec 13 21:46:13 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * bump dependency upper bounds for GHC 6.12

Sun Dec 13 21:46:53 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add GADTs to witnesses build

  This extension is needed in many more files for GHC 6.12 which
  requires that it is specified for any file that pattern
  matches on GADTs as well as any file that defines them.

Sun Dec 13 23:29:22 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add ImpredicativeTypes to extensions
  This is needed to build on GHC 6.12.
  Before 6.14, we need to drop our uses of impredicativity as
  this is now deprecated.

Sun Dec 13 23:30:23 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * remove unnecessary OPTIONS_GHC from Darcs/Commands/Record
  This is needed to build this file on GHC 6.12, because there is a new
  extension picked up by -fglasgow-exts that makes 'rec' a keyword, and
  this file has a variable called that.

  We should actually remove OPTIONS_GHC everywhere, but for now this is a
  minimal step to fix the build.

files: bump-dependency-upper-bounds-for-ghc-6_12.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 9610
nosy: darcs-users, ganesh
status: needs-review
title: bump dependency upper bounds for GHC 6.12 (and 3 more)

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch112>