[darcs-users] ANN: 2.2.1rc1

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Feb 1 17:06:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

you can grab from http://repos.mornfall.net/darcs/darcs-2.2.1rc1.tar.gz -- only
autoconf-based tarballs this time, since I'm already late and am seriously
short on time these days (partially thanks to lots of time investment into
hashed-storage, in hope of 2.3 integration.)

I will produce a proper announcement for 2.2.1 later. If no new critical bugs
show up in the rc, I'll re-tag as 2.2.1 (final) next week and get the release
out.

It also seems this release fixes the haddock failure that happened in 2.2.0 (at
least it seems so to me...). You will find the full changelog since 2.2.0
below. That's it for now. I'll be thankful for any feedback. Thanks!

Yours,
   Petr.

Sun Feb  1 17:06:54 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  tagged 2.2.1rc1

Sun Feb  1 17:06:43 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Bump version to 2.2.1rc1.

Sun Jan 25 10:10:34 CET 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Resolve issue1313: Clickable ToC and xrefs in PDF user manual.

Thu Jan 22 03:10:52 CET 2009  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Remove duplication in fields in the .cabal file
  Looks like it was a copy and paste error.

Thu Jan 22 03:10:38 CET 2009  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Remove unused ghc -threaded flag in library section
  The -threaded flag applies only to linking programs.
  Despte this, ghc regects the combinaton of using the -threaded
  and profiling flags, even for building a library. New Cabal
  versions will ignore the -threaded flag when building programs
  but not for libs because that combination is senseless. So there
  is a positive benefit to dropping it from the darcs library as
  it will let people build a profiling darcs with ghc-6.8 without
  having to modify the .cabal file to drop the -threaded flag.

Thu Jan 22 07:40:14 CET 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * NEWS for Darcs 2.2.0.

Thu Jan 22 07:39:59 CET 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Use conventional name "NEWS" for "new in $version" notes.

Fri Jan 16 18:09:55 CET 2009  florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
  * Haddocks for HashedIO

Fri Jan 16 18:09:31 CET 2009  florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
  * Haddocks for Cache

Fri Jan 16 18:07:42 CET 2009  florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
  * Haddock for Darcs.External.fetchFile

Tue Jan 13 01:13:45 CET 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Clean up when previous test crashed.

Sun Jan 11 16:21:30 CET 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Make "make clean" remove microbench.
  Put the clean target directly below the build target, so it's harder
  to get them out of sync in future.

Tue Jan 13 23:33:35 CET 2009  Thorkil Naur <naur at post11.tele.dk>
  * Fix test optimize_relink.sh when no hard linking available
  The semicolon in the echo command causes the test to fail with the
  message

  > optimize_relink.sh: line 37: assuming: command not found

  when no hard linking is available.

Sun Jan 11 12:48:01 CET 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Consistently use sh (not csh) prompts in user manual.

  The sh prompt ($) was already used elsewhere in the manual, and I
  choose to standardize on it instead of csh (%) because sh (especially
  bash) seems more widespread and recognizable as the user shell prompt.

Fri Jan  9 10:07:26 CET 2009  lele at nautilus.homeip.net
  * resolve issue1270: don't show the motd when --xml-output is given

Sun Jan 11 16:19:41 CET 2009  Dave Love <fx at gnu.org>
  * Get setpref description in manual.

Thu Jan  8 17:00:35 CET 2009  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
  * Haddock for Darcs.Repository.Format

Wed Dec 31 09:09:29 CET 2008  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Remove stale comment (we now require GHC 6.6)

Sat Jan  3 10:53:47 CET 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Resolve issue1285: remove "cabal test" intermediaries.

Sun Dec 28 12:44:34 CET 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Use imperative mood for primitive matcher help.

Sat Dec 27 21:42:18 CET 2008  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Fix haddock error

Sat Dec 27 15:18:45 CET 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Rewrite primitive matcher examples.

Sat Dec 27 15:18:19 CET 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Rewrite "darcs help --match" output.
  Add an introductory paragraph, and put all the examples into a single
  code block, since one-line paragraphs are kind hard to read.

Sat Dec 27 04:41:29 CET 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Delete superfluous "Introduction" headings.
  I don't think it's useful to grant a subsection heading to the single
  introductory paragraph of a section.

Sun Nov  9 15:40:07 CET 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Refactor error text for readability.

Sat Dec 27 02:10:31 CET 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Tweak user manual's title page.
  It annoyed me that the user manual was just called "Darcs", not "Darcs
  User Manual".

Sun Dec 14 05:19:02 CET 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Haddockize developer comment.

Sun Dec 21 09:09:49 CET 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Tweak punctuation in "darcs help --match".

  Manpages treat apostrophes in the first line specially.  Use `TeX
  style' quotes instead, so this string can be included in the manpage.

  Also omit mention of &&, || and ! until I find time to clarify that
  they are aliases for the human-readable and, or and not.

Wed Jan 14 12:06:07 CET 2009  Christian Kellermann <Christian.Kellermann at nefkom.net>
  * omit empty line at the end of output in darcs diff

Thu Jan 15 16:09:16 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  tagged 2.2.0