[darcs-users] [issue701] Irrefutable pattern failed for pattern Data.Maybe.Just a2

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Feb 18 15:10:14 UTC 2009

Redirecting this conversation to darcs-users because it's not quite
related to zombie http://bugs.darcs.net/issue701

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 15:00:18 -0000, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> I'd love to. But I am still a bit confused on the steps written out
> in Forensics.

Sounds like an excellent chance for us to improve that document.
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/Forensics

> I have identified the lines that cause the conflict
> situation in my case by unrecording/recording smaller hunks and
> trying to apply those. Now, how can I tell (you) how the target
> repo differs from the source repo? How can I get rid of all the
> other files in the repo that don't matter? I guess this is what the
> boiling down step is about....

Does this mean you've made it to Milestone 1 (getting the repo to a
state where you can make it trigger an error just by darcs applying a
patch bundle?), are trying to work out how to get to Milestone 2
(simplifying the history?)

A good first step might be to get rid of all patches which do not
touch any of the files involved.

Thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9