[darcs-users] does cvs2darcs work for anyone?

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Sun Jan 25 20:13:03 UTC 2009

This day I tried to convert OpenBSD CVS repositories to darcs using
cvs2darcs, which is mentioned here:

	http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/ConvertingFromCvs

However, it doesn't work at all. -R isn't propagated from the shell
script to the perl helper scripts (I already sent a patch to the
authors), command line parsing is broken if /bin/sh isn't a bash (patch
sent to the authors), cvs_convert.pl always bails out with the message
that cvsps isn't in the path (which is a completely misleading error
message), and even after deleting this wrong line:

	`cvsps 2>&1` || die "cvsps not found in path.";

i still end up with an empty darcs repository after something like

$ darcs2cvs -d /cvs xenocara

So, does this cvs2darcs thing work for anyone? If not, I suggest
to delete the above mentioned wiki page. There's nothing worse than
wrong, outdated documentation suggesting tools that just don't work.

Ciao,
	Kili