[darcs-users] darcs-benchmark 0.1.9 - benchmarking help wanted for 2.5

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Wed Aug 18 16:28:18 UTC 2010

Nathan Gray <kolibrie at graystudios.org> writes:

> Actually, looking at the timings file from the weekend, that is
> the darcs binary it was testing.  So perhaps this does have to do
> with 'optimize pristine'.
>
> I will try that and report back.
You don't need to create this manually. Darcs-benchmark will do that
automatically, you just need to update the repo config file. See below.

> { "name" : "cap - darcs-2 optimized format"
> , "path" : "repo.cap-2-opt"
> , "annotate" : "README"
> }
You need to add this:

, "variants" : [ "optimize-pristine" ]

Yours,
   Petr.

PS: Eric, I think it doesn't make any sense to be storing the variants
in the config file. It'd be much better to just build them on-demand
(when a binary requests a variant, build it and be done with it).