[darcs-users] more hunk editing feedback

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:36:52 UTC 2010

I haven't really been following this discussion, but I tried out the
hunk editing in 2.4 beta 3 and it seems kind of plausible.

However, I probably won't use it.  I do most of my recording and
reverting using the darcsum emacs mode.  In that mode you interactively
select hunks and then hit 'c' to record, or 'U' to revert.  There's an
equivalent mode for git, called gitsum, and the gitsum mode supports
hunk splitting.  You just position your cursor on the line you want to
split, and hit a key (I forget which), and then you have two hunks that
can be individually selected/reverted.

This is the UI I want for darcs, but it seems unlikely that the new
hunk-editing support will help - darcsum probably wants an interactive
way to split a hunk.  Just thought I'd mention this...

Cheers,
	Simon