[darcs-users] ANNOUNCE: darcs-2.4.3

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun May 9 21:46:57 UTC 2010

Hi all,

The darcs team would like to announce the immediate availability of darcs
2.4.3. This release [1] fixes a number of issues that were found in darcs
2.4.1.  We strongly recommend that everybody using Darcs 2.4.0 or 2.4.1
upgrade to this version.  The two most important issues resolved were
that Darcs would fail on Windows with an "mmap of _darcs/index", and
that darcs get --partial would produce inconsistent repositories.

The easiest way to install darcs is using the Haskell Platform [2]. If you
have installed the Haskell Platform or cabal-install, you can install this
release by doing: ::

      $ cabal update
      $ cabal install darcs

Alternatively, you can download the tarball from
http://darcs.net/releases/darcs-2.4.3.tar.gz and build it by hand as
explained in the README file.

What's New
~~~~~~~~~~

* Important changes in Darcs 2.4.3

  * darcs will no longer give "mmap of _darcs/index" errors on Windows
  * darcs convert performance regression (against 2.3.x) solved
  * darcs get --partial no longer produces inconsistent repositories
  * GHC 6.12 support on Windows

* Issues resolved in Darcs 2.4.3

  * 1761: mmap of '_darcs/index' failed on Windows mapped drives
  * 1814: include contrib/darcs-errors.hlint in release tarball
  * 1823: read (mmap) _darcs/index file correctly on Windows
  * 1826: error building on Windows with GHC 6.12
  * 1837: inconsistent repository upon darcs get --partial

Reporting bugs

If you have an issue with darcs 2.4.3, you can report it via the web on
http://bugs.darcs.net/ . You can also report bugs by email to bugs at darcs.net.

Kind Regards,
the interim darcs release manager,
Eric Kow

[1]: This was meant to be the Darcs 2.4.2, but we caught another build
error under GHC 6.12 on Windows

[2]: You can download the Haskell platform from http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9