[darcs-users] ANN: darcs-fastconvert 0.2

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Nov 8 22:35:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have uploaded darcs-fastconvert 0.2 to Hackage today. The major new
feature is support for marksfiles, and by extension, incremental
conversion. With some care and scripting, it should be possible to keep
around darcs branches of git projects. In fact, darcs rebase would be
quite useful in that workflow as well.

It should be noted that the incremental conversion had only very
rudimentary testing, and that I still don't have regression tests for
fastconvert so I might have broken something accidentally. Actually, if
anyone wanted to contribute regression tests, I would be very grateful
as I am a bit short on time. The repository lives at
http://repos.mornfall.net/darcs-fastconvert

You need to study the git fast-export/fast-import manual a bit to find
out how marksfiles are supposed to be used. Also see darcs-fastconvert
online help for the names of the relevant options.

Finally, as time permits, I'll move the guts of darcs-fastconvert into a
library and write a darcs-git commandline tool based on that and
libdarcs. I will probably throw in support for git-style diff submission
via mail, which should, together with rebase, make it possible to use
darcs as a client on git-based projects.

Yours,
   Petr.