[darcs-users] what about removing the unrevert command?

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Apr 3 20:45:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 02:26:27PM +0200, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:
> - people don't expect it (other VCS don't have it), hence few people
> use it, and most would't miss it

Git, for instance, does not have it (git reset cannot be undone) but it has
"git stash".  I personnally use darcs revert/unvert as a git stash/pop
equivalent.

Agreed with everything else in favor of deletion.

> - some people use this feature

I do.

> - it's theoretically a nice feature (it's a nice use of patch
> commutation) so it's sad to remove it
> - it's an undo command, and having undo commands is generally nice
>
> Comments?

What about having a stash equivalent --- ie. a stack, or just a set?, of patch
created and named automatically with a single command, etc.

Well, this would probably make revert more complex rather than simplify it :-(

Sorry, no good idea, just personal use cases.
--
Gabriel