[darcs-users] some special amend-records

Piyush P Kurur ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in
Fri Mar 22 07:02:21 UTC 2013

I have this one question on amend-record:

Say we have a repository with patches p0 p1 p2 p3 p4. Then I realised
that some thing is missing in p2 say. If p3 and p4 commutes with p2
then I could use ammend-record.  However, I think there are natural
use cases where actually p3 and p4 might not be commutable with p2 and
one could like to safely ammend p2.

Use case 1: I missed adding a new file when I recorded p2.

As I understand it, if p denotes the diff between the recorded version
and the working tree and if p commuted with both p3 and p4 (i.e. p3 p4
p can be commuted to p' p3' p4') then I should be allowed to ammend
p2. The resulting repository would be p0 p1 p2' p3' p4'.

(1) Is there some flaw that I overlooked ?

(2) Is there a way of achieving this in darcs 2.8.1 ?

(3) Is this feature implied by any other work in progress?

Regards

ppk