Please review - patch against unnecessary battery draining

Moritz Bandemer replicant at posteo.mx
Mon Mar 30 15:07:08 UTC 2015

I've merged the patch from here:
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/a40cfeb to
the Replicant sources and successfully recompiled Replicant after that.
I've analyzed my device one day without the patch:
http://redmine.replicant.us/boards/9/topics/7953?r=8259#message-8259
and one other day, trying to use the device mostly the same as in the
first test, (same minutes in voice calls, same nightly flight mode, same
way [with the train] and so on):
http://redmine.replicant.us/boards/9/topics/7953?r=9021#message-9021

So I don't really know. IMHO the patch has merit, but sadly I can't
offer a benchmark which shows that you save 50% of battery power at one
charge.
Probably this patch has more effect on devices with more
[directly|indirectly] installed app widgets...

I just can say, that everything works great after the patch. Tested
several weeks on my productive device.

Ticket reference (Bug #1245): http://redmine.replicant.us/issues/1245
Please review the patch attached and apply it, if you like.