[bouncer-dev] Trac ready

Eric Searcy emsearcy at osuosl.org
Fri Feb 22 22:28:14 UTC 2008

  n=morgamic at osuosl/staff/morgamic (freenode)
14:19 -!- Irssi: Starting query in freenode with morgamic
14:19 <morgamic> wth the list is truncating my emails
14:19 <morgamic> anyway
14:19 <morgamic> 1.0 tag was meant to be read only and "this is what's
in mozilla prod" nothing more
14:19 <morgamic> but trunk failed
14:19 <morgamic> in prod in dec 2006
14:19 <morgamic> and left the repo in a strange state
14:19 <morgamic> so i get what you're saying
14:19 <morgamic> and that's how i see things too
14:20 <morgamic> but there's some historical context missing from the
equation that explains the WTF factor
14:20 <morgamic> as far as tags, only way we use it is for staging and
production deployment
14:20 <morgamic> as in here:
14:20 <morgamic> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Webtools:SVN_Guidelines
14:21 <morgamic> and as far as branches, don't typically make too many
brnaches -- bouncer 1 v. bouncer 2 is a good use for branching
14:21 <morgamic> other than that on AMO we've used it for sitewide
reskins and major core changes
14:21 <morgamic> that need a lot of bake time and QA
14:21 <morgamic> dunno if that helps calm your soul a little
14:21 <morgamic> hope it does ;)
14:22 <emsearcy> sure, it was also the last commit (add csv.php) that
I would have expected to go to a branch before straight to a tag
14:22 <emsearcy> you mind if I post this to the list?
14:22 <morgamic> nope
14:23 <morgamic> the csv thing was just made on the tag because 2.0
was dead and someone needed it short-term

--
Eric Searcy
OSU Open Source Lab