[darcs-devel] darcs patch

Will will at glozer.net
Thu Dec 2 08:22:48 PST 2004

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:

>> > I don't care for this change, since it'll leave the build broken with a
>> > recent ghc on windows, where System.Posix isn't available.  We have our
>> > hokey win32/Posix.hs workaround, which is incomptatible with this change.
>> > :( What we really should do is write a wrapper around the System.Posix
>> > functions we need, which should perhaps abstract away a bit of their
>> > behavior.
>> >
>> > Or is does 603 mean ghc 6.3?
>>
>> It does. Does that make a difference?
>
> Yeah, if we don't yet support ghc 6.3 on windows that's all right, since we
> probably never did.  If it were 6.0.3, then we'd be breaking the existing
> windows support for ghc 6.2.x.

I actually have compiled darcs with ghc 6.3 on windows in hopes of
eliminating the "EVACUATED object entered!" ghc error.  Unfortunately
that didn't help, but darcs does build and run the unit tests
successfully after removing a couple of duplicate imports.

Since ghc 6.4 is due out soon and presumably contains useful
improvements it would be nice to avoid anything that specifically
breaks the win32 build.

Regards,
Will