[darcs-devel] [darcs #142] darcs check race condition?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Dec 15 16:53:38 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 01:53:18PM -0500, zooko at zooko.com via RT wrote:
> I ran "darcs check" and it complained that there was an inconsistent
> repo.  It said "looks like we have some differences", and it showed a
> patch that I had been pushing into that repo at the same time as I had
> been running darcs check.
>
> Maybe darcs check isn't locking the repo while it works?

No, darcs check doesn't lock the repo.  Since it doesn't modify the repo,
in a sense this is safe, which is why it doesn't bother locking.  On the
other hand, it doesn't really make much sense to modify a repo while you're
checking it, so perhaps we should take the lock... it's a trivial change.
http://www.darcs.net