[darcs-devel] [darcs #128] Wishlist: darcs with-lock-held

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Dec 28 13:00:30 PST 2004

[sorry for the late reply, I'm only now catching up on two months of mail]

> >   darcs with-lock-held <command>

> Would you want this to just prevent darcs commands that *modify* the
> repository, or also to prevent darcs commands that just *read* the
> repository (e.g. pulling from it)?

Just the former.  I'm trying to read darcs repos in a way that's safe
against concurrent updates.

I don't see how read locks can be implemented, by the way: we might
not have write access to the repository we're pulling from, e.g. if
it's owned by a different user or being accessed over HTTP.

                                        Juliusz