[darcs-devel] Re: darcs patch: add FileSystem module with basic impleme... (and 3 more)

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Wed Dec 29 13:04:30 PST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> [ checks the docs for precendents ].
>
> There are several other flags that start with "--dont"...make it the
> logical choice to be consistent.

Yes, I also prefer consistency, so --dont...

> [ Thinks more ].
>
> I think I would also be happy with simply "--set-scripts-executable",
> and leave it to the documentation to define exactly how that works.

Agree, I've also thought about it. What do you think is the best way how
to descript --set-scripts-executable and --dont-set-script-executable
options? i.e. what darcs get --help should print? Do you think simple
`make scripts executable' is enough?

Thanks,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com