[darcs-devel] Option taking a list of repositories?

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 08:52:44 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 05:17:01PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> David,
>
> How do you recommend that I should implement an option that takes a
> list of repositories?

GNU ld has options for grouping input files. The syntax is like this:

-( archive1 archive2 archive3 archive4 -)
--start-group archive1 archive2 archive3 archive4 --end-group

However, that would require a major surgery of darcs' option handling code.

How about simply repeating some one-argument option, like this?

    -R a -R b -R c -R d -R d

It's easy to generate such sequences in the shell:

    $(for R in a b c d; do echo "-R $R"; done)

> I'm wondering both about the user-interface (comma-separated list?
> colon-separated?

Maybe allow the user to select the separator, for example by setting
an environment variable.

Best regards,
Tomasz