[darcs-devel] darcs patch: clarify annotate docs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Dec 31 07:43:13 PST 2004

Fri Dec 31 10:37:08 EST 2004  Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>
  * clarify annotate docs

  I think a primary reason that annotate has been confusing is because it is
  documented as provided 'useful information'. This is too vague to be useful
  information. :)

  So I tried to figure out exactly what annotate does do, and be explicit
  in the documentation about that.

  I was a little surprised that annotate didn't have a line number option.
  It seems it already has the ability to report when a specific line was last changed.

  If this were to be implemented, it would be nice to support relative and absolute line ranges,
  so you could express: "Report on lines within 10 lines from here".