[darcs-devel] Darcs with tight web space [was: darcs patch]

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jul 2 11:19:35 PDT 2004

> This is something that would be a nice idea.  Would it be possible to
> have a repository that only contains patches, and no source files, or
> current?

Yes, I'm planning this (for the very reason Peter mentioned).  In such
a repo, |_darcs/current| will just be a file that only contains a list
of files and their SHA1 hashes.  Everything should still work in such
a repository, and you'll have the full falidation semantics of darcs,
but many things will be slower (sometimes very much so).

(David, this is one of the reasons I was asking you whether it'd be
okay to remodularise repo access.)

Another thing that would be nice (but that I don't know how to do)
would be the ability to have ``partial'' repos, repos that aren't
usable without access to the parent.  Say I want to publish a fork of
darcs without having to publish a full clone of David's repo?

                                        Juliusz