[darcs-devel] upcoming 0.9.22

Peter "Firefly" Lund firefly at diku.dk
Fri Jun 25 16:09:44 PDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

> Because of that, may I suggest three changes to the repository format
> that should be done *before* 1.0 is out?

I think those are excellent suggestions!

> 1. Version the repository; put a file _darcs/version, the first line
> of which contains the string 1.0, and all further lines are ignored
> (they might be used for marking optional extensions in the future).
> Darcs should accept to write to a repo only if the version is 1.0, and
> accept to read but not write to a repo where the version is 1.whatever.
>
> 2. Allow including arbitrary metadata in patch files.  I think that
> metadata should be in the form of an a-list of string tokens (I'll let
> you define the format, I suggest allowing the same characters as in
> Haskell identifiers plus the dash `-') associated to arbitrary

perhaps not quite as many?

-Peter

"Their god is a UFO driver. Our group, Revolution Against Evolution, is
made up of traditional Biblical Christians who believe in a supernatural
creator God, and his son Jesus Christ. We in no way believe that this
Christ was a space alien."
 -- http://www.rae.org/raelian.html