[darcs-devel] A forwarded darcs patch

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Jun 26 02:49:20 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 04:37:28PM -0400, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> Fri Jun 25 21:07:46 BST 2004  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>   * Allowed repos to be given names

This is a good idea, but I have a few suggestions that I'd like to see
before I apply it.

First, I'd rather have get_repo_dir in RepoPrefs than in Repository.

Secondly, I'd prefer to use get_preflist to do the repo dir reading, just
in case some day I change the repository format.

(the above two changes would be enough for me to accept it.)

Thirdly, it would be nice to use the existing prefs/repos repos file (which
requires care to make sure it works with both named and unnamed repos), and
make repository name command completion work right with both named and
unnamed repos.  (see the instances of command_get_arg_possibilities =
get_preflist "repos").

Fourthly, it would be nice to either extend get_preflist itself to also read
from ~/.darcs/ (and give the output of both the file in ~/.darcs and the
one in _darcs/prefs), or to add another function get_global_preflist, which
would read from ~/.darcs/.  Or a get_all_preflist.  This would allow users
to define their repository names just once, and would also allow us to use
named repositories with get, which could be handy.

If you don't want to do (or don't have time to do) any of these changes,
let me know...
http://www.abridgegame.org