[darcs-devel] [darcs #19] diagnostics: 'record' when a file is not found

Mark Stosberg via RT bugs at darcs.net
Sat Nov 6 14:09:11 PST 2004

Sat Nov 06 17:09:10 2004: New ticket: 19.
Transaction: Ticket created by markjugg
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: diagnostics: 'record' when a file is not found
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: mark at summersault.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=19 >

'darcs record' could give more helpful feedback when I try to record a
file that doesn't exist (because I'm confused about my about my place
in the world...or at least my location in the Unix file system).

Here's what it looks like now:

 $ darcs record  Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm
 Recording changes in "www/Templates/Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm":

 Ok, if you don't want to record anything, that's fine!

#########
Here's what I think should happen instead:

 $ darcs record  Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm
 Recording changes in "www/Templates/Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm":
 www/Templates/Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm was not found!

I suppose if any file is not found, it may be best to abort the record
at that point.

 Mark