[darcs-devel] darcs BTS configured, ready for developer account sign-ups

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Nov 7 05:42:59 PST 2004

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 08:44:12PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have now configured the darcs bug tracking system (BTS) to my satisfaction.
> Here are the basic non-obvious things you may want to know about it:

Thanks for working on configuring this!

> - If a message that is sent to the '-devel' list looks like it's related
>   to a bug, it will be copied into the bug system. Bug related messages
>   have a subject line that includes this: [darcs #123]

This doesn't quite seem to be working yet.  I'm pretty much at a loss as to
what might be the problem, somehow mailman doesn't like my regex or
something.  :( It *really* liked one of them and started treating
everything as a bug report (even if they didn't match, as far as I could
see).  Ideas or help from someone experienced with mailman would be nice.

I've been thinking about how we might go about categorizing bugs,
wishlists, etc.  It would be nice for new developers to be able to browse
bugs or features according to their difficulty of implementation.  I.e. to
know that a given feature is pretty straightforward.  I'm imagining being
able to tag bugs according as "beginning haskeller", "advanced darcs
hacker", "perl person", "documentation fixer", etc, so new developers would
be able to find smaller problems for which they might be able to contribute
fixes.

The question is, would you (the darcs contributors) use such a feature? If
so, what would be most helpful.  Often I have time to read a feature
request, see that it's a good idea, and have an idea how hard it might be
to implement, but don't have time to impelement it.  Of course, there are
also other darcs hackers than myself who are also competent to judge the
difficulty of bugs, but have even less darcs-hacking time available than I
do.
http://www.darcs.net