[darcs-devel] add, record, and checking permissions

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Nov 11 12:16:45 PST 2004

Hello,

I was just trying to use darcs on a new project.  My 'add -vr *' went
fine. (no errors).

When I tried to 'record' I got:

drop_create.pl: openBinaryFile: permission denied (Permission denied)

The error message is correct about the permissions: The file was owned
by another user.

However, should darcs add the file if it can't record it? It's not a big
deal, but getting feedback about problems is always nice to have as soon
as possible.

Also, does 'openBinaryFile' imply that my Perl script has been detected
as a binary file? That was a little confusing as well.

Thanks, darcs hackers!

	Mark