[darcs-devel] Re: bug in get_extra

Jim Radford radford at blackbean.org
Mon Nov 15 12:02:01 PST 2004

On Sun Nov 14 11:00:18 2004, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On 2004-11-13, Jim Radford <radford at blackbean.org> wrote:
> > What I did to create this situation.  I have two otherwise equal
> > respositories
> >   /current
> >   /repository
> > that differ *only* in the attribution of one patch somewhere in the
> > past.

> When you say that they differ only in the patch attribution, how did the
> patch attribution get changed.

I created the respositories by importing a set of patches and metadata
(date,author,name,log).  Usually repeated imports produce identical
repositories, but I changed the author on one of the patches before
importing the second time.

> > What I'd like to be able to do is to correct an old attribution, log
> > entry or name and then be able to push that change out.  Is there a
> > way to do this?

> As I understand, patch names (including the attribution) can't be
> changed now, because they are used to create the unique hash patch.

I was hoping the patch would be replaced by the new one when I pushed
the new repository.  Wishful thinking it seems.

Either way, it does produce:

  bug in get_extra - please report this!

-Jim