[darcs-devel] Re: bug in get_extra

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Nov 15 17:51:58 PST 2004

On 2004-11-15, Jim Radford <radford at blackbean.org> wrote:

>> When you say that they differ only in the patch attribution, how did the
>> patch attribution get changed.
>
> I created the respositories by importing a set of patches and metadata
> (date,author,name,log).  Usually repeated imports produce identical
> repositories, but I changed the author on one of the patches before
> importing the second time.

Thanks for the follow up. It's still tough to tell what you did, because
your language is inconsistent with the terms darcs uses. When you say
'import', does that mean you were using 'get', or 'push' or 'pull'?
And when you say you changed the author, did you manually open up
the patch in the repo and change the name? How did you change the
author?

> Either way, it does produce:
>
>   bug in get_extra - please report this!

If you manually edited a patch in the repo (which is supposed to be
off limits for manual tweaking), then it's not necessary a bug in my
opinion, because you weren't playing by the rules-- darcs wasn't
documented to work in that case.

Also, there's no need for anyone to report a bug on your behalf. You can
send mail to bugs at darcs.net or use http://bugs.darcs.net/

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/