[darcs-devel] [darcs #86] custom patch

Sebastian Rönnau Sebastian.Roennau at unibw-muenchen.de
Mon Nov 15 09:37:56 PST 2004

Am Sonntag, 14. November 2004 12:55 schrieb via RT:
> Sun Nov 14 06:55:29 2004: New ticket: 86.
> Transaction: Ticket created by guest
>        Queue: Darcs
>      Subject: custom patch
>        Owner: Nobody
>   Requestors:
>  Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=86 >
>
> It would be great to have the possibility to add custom patch type via a
> plugin system. For example: XML aware patch wich take care of nodes
> instead of lines, replace patch for functions or variables only,
> refactoring patches, openoffice document version control... Maybe It
> must come with a tool to test if the plugin follow the patch theory.

I'm currently writing my diploma thesis concerning an
XML/OpenOffice-extension to an existing versioning system.
I want to provide an API to a very effcicent XML-diff-algorithm called
XyDiff.
A diff and a patch function are already implemented, a
checkCommutation-function
should come in the next weeks.
If someone is interested in supporting a darcs-XyDiff-connetction, contact me.

Sebastian