[darcs-devel] A forwarded darcs patch

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sat Nov 20 15:44:38 PST 2004

The following patch was either unsigned, or signed by a non-allowed
key, or there was a gpg failure.

Date: 20 Nov 2004 23:44:37 -0000
To: Davids Darcs Repo <droundy at abridgegame.org>
Subject: darcs patch: improve clarify of ? in prompt

--aaack

Sat Nov 20 18:44:00 EST 2004  Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>
  * improve clarify of ? in prompt

--aaack

New patches:

[improve clarify of ? in prompt
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041120234400] {
hunk ./Record.lhs 423
-Shall I record this patch? (2/2) [ynWsfqadjk?] ?
+Shall I record this patch? (2/2) [ynWsfqadjk], or ? for help: ?
hunk ./SelectChanges.lhs 338
-                                    then "[ynwsfqadjk?] "
-                                    else "[ynwvxqadjk?] ")
+                                    then "[ynwsfqadjk], or ? for help: "
+                                    else "[ynwvxqadjk], or ? for help: ")
}

Context:

[Fix misplaced 'verbatim' in Record.lhs
Lode Leroy <lode_leroy at hotmail.com>**20041118155102]
[fixed changes to work better in partial repositories.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041120142828]
[accept either quoted or non-quoted patch bundles via email.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041120140039]
[set stdin and stdout to binary mode
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041119165804]
[improve the quoted printable decoder.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041120123853]
[replace ugly hack with pretty sendmail flag.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041119123805]
[add (rather fragile) unit test that email parsing works.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041119123259]
[fix bug in apply with qpdecoding vs gpg verifying order.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041119121632]
[add support for decoding quoted mime patch bundles.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041118124145]
[ugly hack to avoid single '.' on a line in patch emails.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041118122721
 This is needed because the MIME module was occasionally sticking a '.' on a
 single line, which sendmail would interperet as the end of the message.
]
[add interface for parsing email attachments.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041117122634
 Note that this change does *not* yet actually parse email attachments
 properly.  I'm vaguely hoping that someone else will be willing to write
 that code.
]
[resolve conflict with reportbug change.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041113122456]
[resolve makefile conflict.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041106143003]
[resolve makefile conflict.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041027121154]
[resolve makefile conflict.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041019104340]
[Moved filenames duplicated in DARCS_FILES and CGI_FILES to new
Craig M. Lennox <mirian at sandstorm.net>**20041004142430
 variable, COMMON_FILES.  Sorted lists alphabetically for convenience
 in maintaining them.
]
[Resolve conflict in makefile.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041001114222]
[Make really MIME-compliant
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041001005143]
[Consolidate make_email and make MIME compliant
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041001004444]
[test $DARCS, not the darcs executable that happens to be in the $PATH
aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr**20041118112836]
[mention getting darcs via darcs, re-organize a bit
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041117192028

 As before, I'll temporarily host a preview of this update here:
 http://mark.stosberg.com/Tech/darcs/front.html
]
[beef up docs for 'darcs tag'
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041116021628]
[PasswordProxyDocs
thomas_bevan at toll.com.au**20041114233055

 Added a description of the DARCS_PROXYUSERPWD
 environment variable.
]
[note that wildcards do (sort of) work on windows
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041114183644]
[ Mac OS X -> Mac~OS~X (I'm learning Latex!)
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041114125039]
[point out on web page that darcs is GPLed.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041114130259]
[avoid call to strlen in proxy password C code.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041114125359]
[fix tiny memory leak in proxy password code.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041114125333]
[don't pass empty proxy credentials to libcurl
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041114070440]
[clarify help for the --logfile option
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041114052321]
[update home page to capitalize on LWN coverage.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041114024349

 I have a temporary preview of this change hosted here:
 http://mark.stosberg.com/Tech/darcs/front.html
]
[spell Mac OS X the way Apple does.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041114005557]
[re-classify headings for bettering indexing by latex2html
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041114004714

 This change just makes the headings more consistent with
 other chapters.

 The subsections will now appear and be linked on the main index page,
 and the 'chapter' page formatting will look less strange.

]
[a clean patch: direcory -> directory
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041113224926]
[mention key unrecord detail in short help
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041113224329

 I thought this was sufficiently important that I added it to the short 'unrecord'
 help:

  "Unrecord doesn't affect your working copy of the tree at all."

 I adjusted the long help to avoid repeating this fact.

 My cat is asleep on my lap in such a way that it makes it a little
 difficult to type. Does that ever happen to you?

     Mark

]
[give nicer error message when --match pattern failes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041113153308]
[add footnote indicating that wildcards don't work in windows.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041113151054]
[change default behavior of apply to --dont-allow-conflicts.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041113145334
 This is so that you can't so easily shoot yourself in the foot by pushes
 to a central repository which lead to merge conflicts.
]
[add single comma files to default boring.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041113134920]
[remove catchall verbosity (possibly added in debugging?)
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041113115752]
[fix compile error when libcurl isn't present.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041112121513]
[ProxyPassword
thomas_bevan at toll.com.au**20041112043230

 Allows DARCS to work with a password protected proxy.
 The HTTP proxy itself is specified via the 'http_proxy' environment variable.
 The proxy username/password is specified as 'username:password' via the custom
 'DARCS_PROXYUSERPWD' environment variable.

]
[remove reportbug command.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041112130735
 reportbug really isn't necesary, and doesn't work well.
]
[Build subject line from patch description when sending.
Jim Marshall <jmarshall99 at qwest.net>**20041111155405
 Issue #55 at bugs.darcs.net.
]
[add comment to configuring_darcs.tex to make emacs colorize properly.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041112121300]
[clarify trashing in Resolve.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041112115326]
[shorten subject of reportbug.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041111122511]
[make reportbug refuse to send unmodified bug reports.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041111122346]
[don't require unrevert file exist when deleting it!
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041111121646]
[add option --dry-run to command add
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20041111084332
 Where appropriate messages printed during add --dry-run use ,,would be'' rather
 than present tense. I'm not sure I got the grammar right.
]
[separate iteration from processing a single file in Add.addp
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20041110224649
 Now addp' doesn't have to manage the lists of files, patches and duplicated
 files, it is only concerned with processing a single file.

 I hope you'll like the idea of building an accumulator passing function with
 foldr - this may be a little difficult to understand at first, but is very
 flexible.

 I also changed variable names cur and cur' to cur0 and cur because the first
 one is supposed to be used only once, and cur0 seems to be a better name in
 such case. Also, I explicitely memoised some checks for options.
]
[rename authors.hs to prevent case-insensitive overwrite
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041110231711
 Running `authors > AUTHORS` fails on case-insensitive platforms since the
 program overwrites itself.  Make executable called 'list_authors' instead.
]
[clean up file add tests
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041110223807]
[canonize self in authors.hs
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20041111093610]
[link homepage to linux.html
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041110131019]
[Copy darcs_print.ps into darcs.ps instead of copying it
Samuel Tardieu <sam at rfc1149.net>**20041110125906]
[Move getCurrentPop into Current.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040930201752
 Following a suggestion of David's, getPopFrom is moved into PopulationData,
 which avoids the circularity between modules.

 Unfortunately, this causes Current to import PatchInfo, which is wrong.
 Somebody or someone else should be made polymorphic.
]
[stupid me resolved the same conflict twice, and now has to do it again. :(
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040926114756]
[resolve spelling fix conflict.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040926100211]
[Get multiple files with a single wget call
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20040922200621
 Get multiple files with a single wget call.  This is much faster from
 remote repositories because wget can reuse the existing http
 connection.
]
[Change directory handling when calling sftp
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20040922192756
 Change the local directory instead of using the "lcd" command when
 using ftp to copy from remote files.
]
[Document DARCS_SFTP environment variable
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040919125737]
[fix warnings and resolve conflict.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040919121852]
[Use sftp instead of scp to copy patches
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040918174705
 Add a new routine External.CopyFilesAndUrls that copies several files
 at once, which is much faster for remote files.  For SSH connections,
 use sftp instead of scp to copy all files, which reuses the ssh
 connection and is much faster for small files.  For local files and
 http connections, fall back to looping over the old methods.

 Calling libcurl, wget, or curl should be similarly improved.

 Use this routine in Repository to copy the patches of a repository.
 There is no progress indicator any more.
]
[generalize wording for --dry-run, so it makes sense for 'send'
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041109230515

 The documentation for '--dry-run' referred to 'making changes', which
 doesn't apply to send. I generalized the wording so it fits better
 for all cases.
]
[make AntiMemo literate, working towards antimemoization paper.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041106141351]
[added GHC_LIBDIR to autoconfigure
Craig M. Lennox <mirian at sandstorm.net>**20040927193821]
[use := rather than = for static assignments as recommended in GNU Make manual
Craig M. Lennox <mirian at sandstorm.net>**20041004134942]
[resolve conflicts between Current and SignalHandler changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041001115019]
[Use David's fromJust.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040930201432]
[Naming tweaks (writeCurrent, write_dirty_Current).
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040930195800]
[Rename mmap_slurp_Current to slurpCurrent.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040930195301]
[Copied copyright header from RepoPrefs, updating the year.
Craig M. Lennox <mirian at sandstorm.net>**20040927134420]
[Moved motd to its own module to keep External out of Core
Craig M. Lennox <mirian at cosmic.com>**20040926015204]
[split ColourPrinter.lhs off from Printer.lhs
Craig M. Lennox <mirian at cosmic.com>**20040925212232
 This is to allow "core" darcs modules like Patch to import Printer
 without needing to link in all the curses stuff.
]
[Make _darcs/current polymorphic.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040916065829
 This allows multiple formats for _darcs/current.  Currently, two
 formats are implemented:

   - PlainCurrent, the directory _darcs/current that we all know and love;
   - NoCurrent, just a placeholder file _darcs/current.none.

 A third format, HashedCurrent, is planned but not implemented yet
 (there are stubs in Current.lhs).

 You can convert to the NoCurrent format by doing

   $ rm -r _darcs/current
   $ touch _darcs/current.none

 and convert back to PlainCurrent by doing

   $ rm _darcs/current.none
   $ mkdir _darcs/current
   $ darcs repair

 There are two problems with this code that I was unable to solve.
 First, getCurrentPop in Population.lhs is a gross violation of
 modularity; it is actually the only reason why Current is not abstract
 (it has to export PlainCurrent).  Second, surely_slurp_Current in
 Repository.lhs leaves a temporary directory after darcs terminates;
 we're bitten by the laziness of slurp.  These problems should be
 solved before release.

 Converting Current to be a type class instead of an algebraic
 datatype is left as an exercice for the reader (hint: you need
 existential types).
]
[darcs_cgi also needs Current.lhs.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040916090832]
[Clean up remote access routines
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040918164628
 Use a common structure for the three file access methods "local",
 "remote", and "SSH".  Handle all temporary files in External instead
 of providing an equivalent routine in Curl.  Do not use temporary
 files for local access to gzipped files.
]
[don't assume in add.pl that perl will produce utf8 when dealing with unicode chars.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041110115821]
[fix conflict in add.pl.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041110114416]
[Condense "file already in repo" output when adding. Add related tests.
Jim Marshall <jmarshall99 at qwest.net>**20041108075251
 This is meant to address issue #15 on bugs.darcs.net. Because I couldn't
 figure out a way to find already-added files "up front" (because they may only
 become duplicates after the add has started), and to avoid having to pass a []
 to addp to accumulate the list of duplicates, I moved the real work of addp
 into a where-scoped helper function. If you'd rather live with passing in the
 [], and are otherwise happy with the patch, let me know and I'll change it.

 This should also pass the add.pl test, and this patch extends that test a bit.
]
[editorial suggestion
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041110022033]
[mention tools for migrating from CVS and Arch
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041110022012]
[Important fix for broken html manual
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041110014511

 I think the online manual is broken. Scroll to where the 'record' docs
 should end, and you'll just see a text dump:

 http://www.darcs.net/manual/node7.html

 I apologize, because I think I submitted the patch that broke this.

 (I need some better latex tools to review my work, I think...)

     Mark

]
[clean up and normalize help output
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041109223054]
[make optimize --uncompress work with --partial repos.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041109131538]
[TAG 1.0.0
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041108111509]

Patch bundle hash:
6a293925138f20fb593e830d91ef4b2beac5f967

--aaack

.