[darcs-devel] [darcs #95] Wishlist: darcs send --i-know-what-i-m-doing

Juliusz Chroboczek via RT bugs at darcs.net
Sun Nov 21 14:11:03 PST 2004

Sun Nov 21 17:11:03 2004: New ticket: 95.
Transaction: Ticket created by jch
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: Wishlist: darcs send --i-know-what-i-m-doing
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: jch at pps.jussieu.fr
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=95 >

When sharing patches across e-mail, it is sometimes the case that you
don't have a copy of the remote repository, but know exactly which
patches you want to send.  Right now, I'm dealing with this situation
by cloning my repository and unpulling the patches I want to send from
the clone before sending against the clone.

It would be nice to be able to cherry-pick patches to send with no
remote repository accessible.  I believe that a batch interface (list
all patches on the command-line) is what I really need, although I
would also welcome an interactive interface.

                                        Juliusz