[darcs-devel] [darcs #95] Wishlist: darcs send --i-know-what-i-m-doing

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Mon Nov 22 00:02:24 PST 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 05:11:03PM -0500, Juliusz Chroboczek via RT wrote:
> When sharing patches across e-mail, it is sometimes the case that you
> don't have a copy of the remote repository, but know exactly which
> patches you want to send.  Right now, I'm dealing with this situation
> by cloning my repository and unpulling the patches I want to send from
> the clone before sending against the clone.

The question is what context to use.  The extreme possibilities are
everything up to that patch, which is fine when you know what patches
are in the other clone (this seems to be what you had in mind), and a
minimal context of only the depended-upon patches, which is the closest
thing in the darcs world to "sending just a patch" (and has been on the
mailing list).  There is also the in-between possibility of "minimal,
assuming this tag".

Andrew