[darcs-devel] A forwarded darcs patch

Erik Bågfors erik at ardendo.se
Thu Nov 25 14:18:54 PST 2004

The following patch was either unsigned, or signed by a non-allowed
key, or there was a gpg failure.

Subject: cvs2darcs-patch
To: cvs2darcsrepo <droundy at darcs.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:15:48 +0100

--=-6ZpikhYOB1IDheTAN2Ma

Hi, here is a darcs-patch for cvs2darcs. It's a two bytes change. Se
comment

/Erik

--=-6ZpikhYOB1IDheTAN2Ma

New patches:

[cvsps to use -u
erik at bagfors.nu**20041125210506
 If we use -u to cvsps we can keep a live cvs and darcs reposito when
 checking out with -p to cvs2darcs.  This is useful when importing a
 still active cvs repository, that will get updates even after you
 created the darcs respository.
] {
hunk ./cvs_convert.pl 120
-    chdir($base_cvs); open(LOG,"$cvsps_cmd -s $patchset_num |");
+    chdir($base_cvs); open(LOG,"$cvsps_cmd -u -s $patchset_num |");
}

Context:

[updated URL
stevenj at fftw.org**20041117013958]
[updated NEWS file
stevenj at fftw.org**20041115210932]
[bug reports to authors
stevenj at fftw.org**20041114174038]
[list authors chronologically
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112231645]
[add man page
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112173916]
[add COPYRIGHT to dist
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112173902]
[add COPYRIGHT file
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112173811]
[better handling of relative path in $0
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112165238]
[whoops, fix AC_CONFIG_FILES order (each command is run after the corresponding file, instead of after all the files have been created)
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112025912]
[GPL
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112013315]
[whoops
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112012757]
[more fixes
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112011257]
[fix(?) handling of no-parent case
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112004812]
[more output
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112003342]
[no reason to support checkout -D/-r
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112003214]
[some minor fixes to cvs2darcs script
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112002827]
[automake-ify, and add cvs2darcs wrapper  script
stevenj at fftw.org**20041112001812]
[don't use --cvs-direct option to cvsps, which causes parsing errors with some repositories
stevenj at fftw.org**20041111224000]
[updated to reflect improved support for older versions of cvsps
mark at summersault.com**20041014015722]
[avoid uninitialized variable warnings
mark at summersault.com**20041013010248]
[better failure with missing cvsps and support for older cvsps
mark at summersault.com**20041013011950
 - Die up front if cvsps is not found immediately for faster debugging.
 - Only pass "-q" flag to cvsps if it understands it.

]
[Use different date for initial checkout
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20041011172458]
[Update documentation
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20041011094834]
[Guard against use of $bkrev.
Terry Smith <terry at shebiki.org>**20041001205638]
[resolve conflict in getting initial directory.
droundy at abridgegame.org**20040919112405]
[Use correct directory for cvs update
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20040918113302]
[Whitespace change
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20040918113234]
[Do not use --cvs-direct option of cvsps
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20040918001536]
[Use "darcs initialize" instead of "darcs inittree"
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20040917150635]
[Whitespace change
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20040917150624]
[Check out from CVS in the correct directory
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20040917150537]
[fix bug when directory containing only directories is deleted.
droundy at abridgegame.org**20040817114405]
[fix pruning bug and add verbosity.
droundy at abridgegame.org**20040817113953]
[allow commas and +s in file names.
droundy at abridgegame.org**20040817113918]
[run darcs optimize occasionally to speed things up a bit.
droundy at abridgegame.org**20040705182111]
[improve scaling of cvs update step.
droundy at abridgegame.org**20040404114555]
[fix perl warning.
droundy at abridgegame.org**20040401133827]
[support tagging the "bkrev" in the bkcvs repo.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040330103908]
[README updates
ganesh at earth.li**20040329125559]
[use cvs update rather than cvsps diff generation
ganesh at earth.li**20040327224512
 cvsps diff generation doesn't handle binary files, so this has now been
 changed to make the darcs tree also be a CVS checkout, and to use cvs
 update. I think it makes things quite a bit slower, though :-/
]
[fix branch_detect.pl
ganesh at earth.li**20040314020352
 This version of branch_detect.pl moves over to a new algorithm for detecting
 branch points:

 First, it goes through the output of the 'cvs log' command getting
 version numbers for each branch of each file. Branches can be identified
 as those tags with versions that end in .0.<even number>, or are
 1.1.<odd number> (the latter are vendor branches). Stripping off the
 suffix gives the base version for that file on that branch.

 Next, it goes through the patchsets one at a time. For each file change in
 each patchset, it looks at the version changes. If the target version
 is the same as the version number for a particular branch, then it updates
 the "maximum needed" patchset for that branch. If the source version
 is the same as the version number for a branch, then we *musn't* have
 this patchset to get onto the branch, so it updates the "minimum avoid"
 patchset for the branch. (In each case only actually changing the value if
 the current patchset is > or < the existing value).

 Finally, the "maximum needed" patchset for each branch gives the branch point
 and the "parent" branch; but if the "minimium avoid" patchset is less than
 or equal to this value, then we have an invalid branch.
]
[notes about branch detection
ganesh at earth.li**20040305023333]
[rudimentary README
ganesh at earth.li**20040303034146]
[make a note of a bug
ganesh at earth.li**20040303032016]
[fix usage message
ganesh at earth.li**20040303031956]
[branch detection script
ganesh at earth.li**20040303031810
 The branch_detect.pl script prints out a list of branches in a CVS
 repository, along with the branch they were forked from and the last
 relevant patchset on that branch. This can be used with the -l and -d
 options to cvs_convert.pl to correctly import a specific branch.
]
[put patch name in long comment
ganesh at earth.li**20040302234753
 The script used to record the first line of the changelog as the patch
 name, and the rest (if any) as the long comment. This can cause slightly
 odd effects in the long comment, so now the entire changelog is used
 for the long comment, if there's more than one line in it.
]
[lastpatch and branch options, check we're in a darcs tree
ganesh at earth.li**20040302234652
 This patch makes the script use Getopt::Long and adds the --lastpatch
 and --branch options:

  --lastpatch <n> causes processing of cvsps output to stop at patch n
  --branch <br> causes branch <br> to be processed (default HEAD)

 It also checks that we are currently in a darcs tree.
]
[initial version
ganesh at earth.li**20040115133948]

Patch bundle hash:
de374f1767275b3b73f39f36adb901fe386e92b2

--=-6ZpikhYOB1IDheTAN2Ma--