[darcs-devel] tests failing for todays sources on Debian 3.0

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Mon Nov 29 16:01:59 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm testing today's, just few minutes ago pulled sources from darcs stable
repository and I've found that `make check' fails with:

Checking repair...  passed.
ls *.pl
Running add.pl ...
ok 1 - Make sure that messages about directories call them directories.
ok 2 - Make sure that messages about directories call them directories.
ok 3 - Make sure that messages about files call them files.
not ok 4 - Make sure that messages about files call them files.
#     Failed test (add.pl at line 36)
#                   ''
#     doesn't match '(?-xism:following files are)'
ok 5 - Make sure that messages about both files and directories say so.
ok 6 - Check unusual filename handling
ok 7 - Check big char filename handling
ok 8 - Check whitepsace filename handling
ok 9 - temp1 directory was deleted
1..9
# Looks like you failed 1 tests of 9.
make: *** [check] Error 1
thinkpad:/tmp/dt$

This is on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 platform with hand-compiled ghc-6.2.2.

Is this expected behaviour? I'm asking since I'm hacking some simple
enhancements (PR#5) for darcs and would like to have something stable for
comparison.

Thanks,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com