[darcs-devel] darcs.cgi and annotate on renamed files

Will will at glozer.net
Wed Oct 20 10:25:37 PDT 2004

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 12:26:14AM -0700, Will wrote:
>>
>> I have started work on this and annotations can now span multiple file
>> renames without a problem.  The XML output of `changes` will also need
>> to include the <created_as/> nodes so that the proper annotate links
>> can be generated on the patch list page.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hmmmm.  There is an annoying catch, which is that this would make `changes`
> as expensive as annotate (which means reading all the patches in the
> repository!).  :(  On the other hand, if you call changes --summary on the
> entire repository, then that is done anyways...
>
> It's definitely a job for another morning, though.

Unfortunately I suspect this is most needed when doing `changes` for a
specific file rather than the entire repository, since that is where
the annotate link takes you to file annotations.

I'd hate to slow down the changes command, maybe add an optional flag?
I can't help but wish there was a more elegant way to do this...

Regards,
Will