[darcs-devel] Bug in commute / ChangePref?

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Wed Sep 29 23:34:30 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 05:49:56AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I'm trying to understand the way commute's meant to work. One thing that
> I don't understand is the behaviour for ChangePref commuting. As far as I
> can see, if you have:
>
> 	ChangePref boringfile foo bar ; ChangePref boringfile bar baz
>
> then you shouldn't be able to commute, but afaics darcs thinks you
> can.

David decided nobody's ever going to notice what you noticed.

    http://abridgegame.org/darcs/manual/node7.html#SECTION00762000000000000000

I agree that it makes more sense to make setprefs versioned "correctly",
but you would at least have to make conflict resolution work, and there
might be more to it.

Andrew