[darcs-devel] darcs-unstable fails to compile

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Apr 2 03:53:36 PST 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 01:59:24AM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is what happens when I try to compile darcs-unstable on
> Mandrakelinux with ghc 6.4:
>
>  $ make
>  ghc  -cpp  -package parsec -package unix -O -funbox-strict-fields  -Wall -Werror -package util -I. -c Record.lhs
>
>  Record.lhs:105:4: Not in scope: `withLock'
>  Record.lhs:124:40: Not in scope: `existing_files'
>  Record.lhs:320:22: Not in scope: `removeFile'
>
> ####
>
> Any hints?

It's a weird problem.  My darcs-unstable doesn't have those functions on
those lines, so perhaps somehow you've got some repository corruption, or
perhaps you've got an older version of darcs-unstable?

$ md5sum Record.lhs
e43a7fbca452b92c06d692976374cb9e  Record.lhs

You could try running darcs check, perhaps.  Needless to say, I don't see
this behavior.  It's odd, because existing_files is a local variable.  And
withLock has been replaced by withRepoLock, so my Record.lhs doesn't have
withLock in it at all.  :(

I'm in the process of getting a fresh copy, in case somehow things get
broken in transit, but I'm guessing that somehow something went wrong in
your copy.  Do whatsnew or resolve show anything?
http://www.darcs.net