[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Remove some use of GHC internals and fix... (and 1 more)

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Apr 2 09:27:43 PST 2005

David Roundy wrote on darcs-users:
> The problem is that in a few places darcs uses ghc-specific internal APIs,
> which are subject to change.  I'd like to fix this, but it's a bit of a
> pain.  The issue in this case is a function that allows me to open a file
> descriptor in C code, and then create a haskell Handle describing this
> descriptor, which is a rather low-level operation, but fundamental to how
> darcs uses zlib.

Why can't we just use Fd and fdToHandle, as in this patch?
The tests still pass, at the very least.
The only thing is I'm not sure if this causes problems for MS Windows.

Thanks
Ian

Sat Apr  2 15:42:10 BST 2005  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
  * Remove some use of GHC internals and fix some Ints that should be CInts

Sat Apr  2 16:15:27 BST 2005  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
  * Remove openFd workaround