[darcs-devel] Re: darcs-unstable fails to compile

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sat Apr 2 14:20:15 PST 2005

On 2005-04-02, David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 01:17:58PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
>> Resolve shows something 'interesting':
>>
>>   Fail: bug in darcs!
>>   Problem resolving conflicts in resolve!
>>   Please report this to bugs at darcs.net,
>>   If possible include the output of 'darcs --exact-version'.
>>
>> That's from Mandrake's 1.0.2 binary.
>
> Okay, this is I believe a known problem.  You may be able to work around it
> by running optimize before resolve.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I got the same result. :)

>> Maybe if 'resolve' worked, it would re-introduce that conflict for me?
>
> Indeed, it would have helped.

And I recently sent an automated test which confirms that.

> You could try darcs changes -s Record.lhs,
> and look for patches with exclamation points.  That may indicate where the
> problem is.

Thanks. I this "use case" indicates that "darcs changes --conflicts file" would be helpful.

Here's the patches involved:

 Thu Mar 31 07:05:13 EST 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
   * fix conflict with Tomasz' conflict resolution and mine.

     M ./Record.lhs -1

 Wed Mar 30 14:03:01 EST 2005  Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>
   * Record.lhs: merge imports of Directory and System.Directory

     M! ./Record.lhs -2 +1

 Thu Mar 24 04:14:01 EST 2005  Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>
   * PR#231: fix record to report any non-existent file/directory given as an argument

     M! ./Record.lhs -17 +4

###

    Mark

--