[darcs-devel] Re: darcs-unstable fails to compile

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Apr 2 14:27:37 PST 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 10:20:15PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On 2005-04-02, David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> wrote:
> >> Maybe if 'resolve' worked, it would re-introduce that conflict for me?
> >
> > Indeed, it would have helped.
>
> And I recently sent an automated test which confirms that.

I've now uploaded to darcs-unstable a patch to add a

$darcs optimize --modernize-patches

feature, which should make darcs resolve once again able to run without
error.

Of course, you'll need to compile darcs-unstable before you can do
this... :)

> > You could try darcs changes -s Record.lhs,
> > and look for patches with exclamation points.  That may indicate where the
> > problem is.
>
> Thanks. I this "use case" indicates that "darcs changes --conflicts file"
> would be helpful.
>
> Here's the patches involved:
>
> Thu Mar 31 07:05:13 EST 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
>   * fix conflict with Tomasz' conflict resolution and mine.
>
>     M ./Record.lhs -1
>
> Wed Mar 30 14:03:01 EST 2005  Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>
>   * Record.lhs: merge imports of Directory and System.Directory
>
>     M! ./Record.lhs -2 +1

That's a bit odd.  My summary of this one is

Wed Mar 30 14:03:01 EST 2005  Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>
  * Record.lhs: merge imports of Directory and System.Directory

    M! ./Record.lhs -3 +2

I guess this could come about because we have things in a different order?

> Thu Mar 24 04:14:01 EST 2005  Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>
>   * PR#231: fix record to report any non-existent file/directory given as an argument
>
>     M! ./Record.lhs -17 +4

This one's odd.  I don't have a conflict marked on that one, which may be
related to a different patch ordering, but may not...

If you run darcs send --dry-run, do you show up as having any local patches
that aren't in darcs-unstable?

Do you see similar problems if you do a fresh darcs get? (Or was this
particular instance from a fresh darcs get?)
http://www.darcs.net