[darcs-devel] darcs patch: rewrite ColourPrinter with a policy data... (and 14 more)

ptp at lysator.liu.se ptp at lysator.liu.se
Wed Apr 6 04:22:56 PDT 2005

I've been working on the color escaping thing, but I ran
into a problem.  I think I need more kinds of printers,
and/or some special Doc constructors in the Printer module,
so that i.e. PatchShow can use a sourceText constructor to
send entire lines for trailing space escaping.

Anyhow, the "trailing space patch" shows how it might look
like, so people can comment on wished for modifications.
It sometimes escpaes spaces in the patch heading.

Sun Apr  3 21:02:23 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * rewrite ColourPrinter with a policy data type (fixes RT#302)
  - better control of color and escaping
  - colored strings are escaped too
  - policy is determined with only synchronous IO

Mon Apr  4 14:19:04 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * propagate policy data all the way down to no_escape in ColourPrinter

Mon Apr  4 14:25:07 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * make escaping of output controllable with environment variables
  DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_ANYTHING  turns off all escaping
  DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_ISPRINT   use systems locale (works for single-byte)
  DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_8BIT      works for UTF-8

Mon Apr  4 16:36:56 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * use unsafePerformIO to get policy in ColourPrinter

Mon Apr  4 17:26:59 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * add control of color in ColourPrinter with environment variables

Tue Apr  5 14:28:16 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * don't ask about number of colors if not a terminal

Tue Apr  5 14:28:49 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * restore DARCS_USE_ISPRINT for backwards compatibility

Wed Apr  6 11:47:30 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * make DARCS_DONT_COLOR take precedence over DARCS_ALWAYS_COLOR

Wed Apr  6 12:16:26 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * make highlighting of escaped char an own function
  To prepare for escaping of trailing spaces and eol:s

Wed Apr  6 12:34:41 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * use isAscii and refactor no_escape in ColourPrinter to make it clearer

Wed Apr  6 12:43:03 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * new functions for quoting escaped chars in ColourPrinter
  These are (hopefully) both general and recognized escape quotings.

Wed Apr  6 12:47:21 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * use new escape quoting in ColourPrinter

Wed Apr  6 12:52:43 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * make escaped chars red instead of blue

Wed Apr  6 12:55:42 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * color parentheses around patches and patch infos blue

Wed Apr  6 13:02:43 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * escape trailing white space in ColourPrinter